AnimeOTK

AnimeOTK (https://animeotk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anime OTK News (https://animeotk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Help Support Us! (https://animeotk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31407)

Ai December 5th, 2017 01:58 PM

Help Support Us!

Patreon will not allow this site and will therefore no longer be advertised on or associated with AnimeOTK.

NOTE: Artists and content creators are still free to post their own patreon links (at their own risk of course). AnimeOTK.com will not however be supported directly by patreon.

Izumi December 5th, 2017 04:06 PM

I just pledged $10 a month,how long until I get the code to give Stoner so I am VIP?

charles wilbourn December 5th, 2017 04:18 PM

Ai

Please tell me how much money I will need to donate / pledge to become a VIP Donater. Is this a monthly donation, or is it a "Whenever I Can Afford It" matter. Please understand that I am on a fixed income (Social SEcurity--Disability), and at this point I don't know just how much I can send. Also, please understand that my credit card can't at this time operate through automatic withdrawls from my account due to several scams that I have been lured into during the past two years. I have had to get two new cards from my bank; most recently this "Magazine Subscription compant" has tried to yank %30. out of my account for the next year, which is far, far more than I can afford. So, you can see the first part of my dilemma. This is a "signed and sealed" agreement with my bank.

Secondly, about three times paypal has rejected out of hand any attempt I have made to purchasee commissions or whatever everytime I have tried to use it. It has gotten to the point to where my computer can no longer access it, obviously because it has shut its doors to me or any modest attempt to use my credit card; now of course this arrangement is impossible.

In view of the fact that I have a very limited income, so low in fact that the Government and my insurance company have ruled that my income has been declared below the income that is an acceptable income for the average American needs to live securely and comfortably, and both of them have assisted me, for example my insurance company paying any co-pay for all of my medications, all of which are vital to my well being, and especially psychological well being.

I have been able now and then to commission a fine artist for me by means of a check, and really this is the only way, right now, by which I can make any long distance financial obligations. My artist can verify that all of my checks re valid, and has never complained about the arrangement. I am very discrete in the arrangements of all of my arrangements wit the artist. . . . . So, in lieu of paypal or other use of my credit card, or the necessity of opening a new credit card acount which they accept with a minimum $35. base in the account--is there any way I can send a check to this site?

Animeotk.com has been by far my most important contact on my laptop. I have been the author of a number of stories here and am in the process of writing others, am involved in several RPs, and correspond with important friends about future stories and artistic ideas. . . . I really want to become a VIP donater, but the only way I can do it is by check, and that not necessarily on a monthly basis--certainly not a commitment of a hundred dollars a month.

Anyway, when you can, please contact me. It is my hope that you will understand, first, my financial straights, and secondly the only manner in which I can donate money, in addition to how much I need to send to become a VIP donater, and just how often I need to make donations on a regular basis.

Wishing you and our site's future success, as well as my personal congratulations on your up coming matter.
charles wilbourn

Izumi December 5th, 2017 04:55 PM

The goal has been reached! But people can still donate if they can

D_T December 5th, 2017 05:54 PM

How about removing the sister sites? Then the donate amount is not that big...I think the core is the main aotk page and this is what should be keep alive.

gutterpupper December 5th, 2017 06:20 PM

Question: How much is it to run AOTK on it's own?

cipherlover December 5th, 2017 06:29 PM

Is there a bitcoin address I donate to?

Izumi December 5th, 2017 06:36 PM

I think it is only through Patreon

lonewolf86 December 5th, 2017 07:07 PM

To those wondering about just running AOTK and leaving the others to die, the price won't be that much less at all. Correct me if I'm wrong but they are all run from the same server. The additional fee is for keeping the domain names which isn't very much.

gutterpupper December 5th, 2017 07:23 PM

@lonewolf86 But the other sites will take up resources/bandwidth/space etc Some of those resources may inflate the bill.

Darla December 5th, 2017 07:46 PM

Hey there. I see that the goal has for now been reached, but I have a concern for future instances of this, in regards to:

“If sold, I cannot guarantee what the new owners will do with the content, data, adverts on site or anything else”

It is entirely possible I am misunderstanding the above, so if that is the case, I apologize in advance for what follows, because I really appreciate you guys and what you’ve done with this website over many years —but I just want to emphasize and make clear that at no point I am giving permission for my uploaded content/characters to be sold to someone else, I understand the website belongs to you, but the copyright on my artwork does still belong to me, and I am not giving permission for it to be sold. I am not aware that I did at any point when joining this site. I’m so sorry if this is coming across as rude in any way. I do not mean for it to be, I am only concerned about my intellectual property. I hope I'm just misunderstanding.

All the same, because this does worry me, I would like, please, for all my art to be wiped from the site, I do not feel at ease with the possibility of the website being sold regardless of when/if it happens, since I wouldn’t know what the buyers may try to do with my art. Again, I am very possibly misunderstanding the above, and if so I apologize deeply, but I feel I need to be on the safe side. I tried to find a way to do this myself, so as not to bother anyone, but couldn’t.

If it is possible to completely wipe my account altogether, I would be grateful, but I understand if it cannot be done. However should any other user upload my works here, please remove them as I no longer feel comfortable with them being hosted under these (potential) circumstances.

For anyone who is interested I post my spanking art over at FA, and somewhat regularly too. Many thanks to the site owners for all they have done on this site over the years!

Jaded Entity December 5th, 2017 09:51 PM

I've been curious before about donating to the site so I'm happy to contribute to this cause. Good luck reaching your targets.

TankCop1 December 6th, 2017 05:28 AM

If I gave you money would the Warning from Rob be lifted? Would I be allowed to post pictures here again?

Tienz December 6th, 2017 07:39 AM

Congratz on the Fiancee and the new flat.

Don't know if I care about the commissioned pictures would be ok with that money being piled back into the servers or you. I would worry about that becoming a bit of a hassle to do on top of all you and stones do to keep this running.

Would you accept paypal donations to the same address you sent a long time ago?

edit2: I would also watch out about the title. I had heard patreon had cracked down on some smut. May want to double check.

Ai December 6th, 2017 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izumi (Post 3331069)
I just pledged $10 a month,how long until I get the code to give Stoner so I am VIP?

Patreon will take your payment at the end of the month. We'll then get a list of successful donations around the 4th-6th of the month. If your email address is the same on patreon as it is on OTK you will be upgraded automatically. If it isn't you will be contacted by your patreon email to ask for your username.

Quote:

Originally Posted by charles wilbourn (Post 3331072)
Please tell me how much money I will need to donate / pledge to become a VIP Donater. Is this a monthly donation, or is it a "Whenever I Can Afford It" matter. (...snip...).

Secondly, about three times paypal has rejected out of hand any attempt I have made to purchasee commissions or whatever everytime I have tried to use it. It has gotten to the point to where my computer can no longer access it, obviously because it has shut its doors to me or any modest attempt to use my credit card; now of course this arrangement is impossible.
(...snip...)
I have been able now and then to commission a fine artist for me by means of a check, and really this is the only way, right now, by which I can make any long distance financial obligations. My artist can verify that all of my checks re valid, and has never complained about the arrangement. I am very discrete in the arrangements of all of my arrangements wit the artist. . . . . So, in lieu of paypal or other use of my credit card, or the necessity of opening a new credit card acount which they accept with a minimum $35. base in the account--is there any way I can send a check to this site?

The minimum to gain VIP donator status is to makea one off donation of $10. VIP status does not expire. I'mafraid we don't havea public mailing address and international cheques from America are painful. By the time the banks have taken their fees and proceessed it, its 3 months later and anything under $200 had a huge percentage removed as commission. Patreon takes both paypal and credit card.

Quote:

Originally Posted by D_T (Post 3331129)
How about removing the sister sites? Then the donate amount is not that big...I think the core is the main aotk page and this is what should be keep alive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rarcoryn (Post 3331144)
Question: How much is it to run AOTK on it's own?

Apart from reducing the domain fee this really wouldn't lower the cost much. The server is a server - replacing it with a weaker one would actually cost more than I'm paying right now since I got this one on a super special steal deal!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cipherlover (Post 3331151)
Is there a bitcoin address I donate to?

I set one up once and never got a donation to it - I'll look out the info and see if I can recover it! If not, I'll create a new wallet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonewolf86 (Post 3331178)
To those wondering about just running AOTK and leaving the others to die, the price won't be that much less at all. Correct me if I'm wrong but they are all run from the same server. The additional fee is for keeping the domain names which isn't very much.

Exactly. We're not running at full server cpapacity (doing that is a baaaaaaaaad idea) but OTK takes at least half the server resources.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tienz (Post 3331773)
(..snip...)
Would you accept paypal donations to the same address you sent a long time ago?

Paypal TOS do not allow its use for "Adult materials".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darla
Hey there. I see that the goal has for now been reached, but I have a concern for future instances of this, in regards to:

“If sold, I cannot guarantee what the new owners will do with the content, data, adverts on site or anything else”

It is entirely possible I am misunderstanding the above, so if that is the case, I apologize in advance for what follows, because I really appreciate you guys and what you’ve done with this website over many years —but I just want to emphasize and make clear that at no point I am giving permission for my uploaded content/characters to be sold to someone else, I understand the website belongs to you, but the copyright on my artwork does still belong to me, and I am not giving permission for it to be sold. I am not aware that I did at any point when joining this site. I’m so sorry if this is coming across as rude in any way. I do not mean for it to be, I am only concerned about my intellectual property. I hope I'm just misunderstanding.
(...snip...)

Your intelectual property remains your intelectual property. A new owner buying the site would be buying the scripts and database content, not the artwork, stories etc or rights to them - this would be a very clear term in the sale. Prior to being sold (should it ever happen - this is a last resort to try and preserve the site instead of shutting it down) there will be plenty of warning and you will beable to remove your content then. I have no intentions at this moment in time of selling the site(s) but felt I needed to make it clear that should I need to sell them a newowner may not run things the same way I do. They may make it a pay to access site, they may cover it in intrusuve adverts, they may merge it with other sites, they may delete everything and just keep the domain. Right now though this is a very, very, very remote possibility. You'll be given at least 2-3 months warning of an impending sale so please do not panic! I'm pretty sure sites like DeviantArt have changed hands multiple times without anybody knowing about it ;) Each owner will be trying to run it at a profit and selling it when they've made enough and its value has increased enough - that's business.

Ruby_thunder December 6th, 2017 03:12 PM

Will the Current VIPs get the rewards bonus or only the new one?

Ai December 6th, 2017 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruby_thunder (Post 3331968)
Will the Current VIPs get the rewards bonus or only the new one?

The only additional reward bonus is for those who pledge more than $100 - they'll help us choose the new forum software, plugins and the like if we either hit the $500 in a month target twice or manage to hit $1000 in a month.

Darla December 7th, 2017 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ai (Post 3331867)
Your intelectual property remains your intelectual property. A new owner buying the site would be buying the scripts and database content, not the artwork, stories etc or rights to them - this would be a very clear term in the sale. Prior to being sold (should it ever happen - this is a last resort to try and preserve the site instead of shutting it down) there will be plenty of warning and you will beable to remove your content then. I have no intentions at this moment in time of selling the site(s) but felt I needed to make it clear that should I need to sell them a newowner may not run things the same way I do. They may make it a pay to access site, they may cover it in intrusuve adverts, they may merge it with other sites, they may delete everything and just keep the domain. Right now though this is a very, very, very remote possibility. You'll be given at least 2-3 months warning of an impending sale so please do not panic! I'm pretty sure sites like DeviantArt have changed hands multiple times without anybody knowing about it ;) Each owner will be trying to run it at a profit and selling it when they've made enough and its value has increased enough - that's business.

Hey Ai, I sincerely appreciate the explanation. :) I hoped it was that way, but all the same, due to other reasons (if you want I can discuss them privately) I still would prefer my gallery to be wiped. I want to emphasize how much I appreciate this site and everyone's hard work. I made good friends here and I am lucky enough to continue to interact with them in other places. I'll have pretty good memories of this place but I prefer to not have my content here any more. I wish you good luck with Patreon, as others said they are tricky with this sort of content but I believe you should be ok.:cool:

Pastel December 8th, 2017 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darla (Post 3332308)
Hey Ai, I sincerely appreciate the explanation. :) I hoped it was that way, but all the same, due to other reasons (if you want I can discuss them privately) I still would prefer my gallery to be wiped. I want to emphasize how much I appreciate this site and everyone's hard work. I made good friends here and I am lucky enough to continue to interact with them in other places. I'll have pretty good memories of this place but I prefer to not have my content here any more. I wish you good luck with Patreon, as others said they are tricky with this sort of content but I believe you should be ok.:cool:

No worries! Your gallery has been removed. :D Easy peasy.

littlebigchild December 17th, 2017 01:41 AM

I attempted to donate and got a "this site is under review" message and it wouldn't let me donate :(

Hrtofdrkns December 18th, 2017 01:10 AM

Hopefully patreon unlocks it. If not maybe Ai can use an alternate source?

Collegeboy December 18th, 2017 10:01 PM

Yeah, it's been a few days. I hope that means that Patreon isn't just reflexively going to pull the plug based on the site content and is giving it a fair look.

sorebottomart December 19th, 2017 12:27 AM

Possible to get cheaper hosting?

What kind of hosting platform/package do you have?

There may be cheaper hosting that is just as good.

Ruby_thunder December 20th, 2017 02:18 AM

It seem Patreon might be looking into
as
https://www.patreon.com/guidelines#adult-content

It seem like bit grey area for the Ai when it comes to maintain the website by the views of Patreon's

Hrtofdrkns December 20th, 2017 03:15 AM

I hope so. If they let others on there who do spank art we should be allowed too.

Tienz December 20th, 2017 06:05 AM

They have so many fetish artists running businesses. Hopefully this is just prefunctory.

gutterpupper December 20th, 2017 04:14 PM

There are certain sections in that agreement which puts AOTK under a microscope. It's a case of waiting but I don't see it ending in our favor.

youngstormlord December 21st, 2017 07:33 PM

Is there a paypal donation link?

milf December 22nd, 2017 08:28 AM

A couple of us DID try to warn you all what was coming. This is just the beginning. Paypal will fight you also as they do ALL adult content providers, but you will have better luck with them than with many. Direct pay options always better, but many are scared to be open about the spanko life and want to hide.... Its gonna get harder and harder to do especially if they ever bring fake net neutrality back to life... But the reality behind that is for another forum.

JoJo JoJo JoJo December 24th, 2017 03:04 AM

Good!!!

Thanks...I was lowkey getting annoyed with all of Zani's Patreon peddling posts...like, your hosting your art here and no one's trying to get you to pay anything for it, so spamming the gallery with all these censored images that we have to pay for if we want to enjoy looks very very bad for an artist.

This could have been worded a little more delictely, but I've been holding this in for some time.

gutterpupper December 24th, 2017 06:40 AM

So what is the next step? What has happened to the money people have already paid? Are we looking at alternatives? How can we help? Also, so we can plan better, what reason did patreon not accept us? We need to understand what our blockers are.

Ruby_thunder December 24th, 2017 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rarcoryn (Post 3347456)
So what is the next step? What has happened to the money people have already paid? Are we looking at alternatives? How can we help? Also, so we can plan better, what reason did patreon not accept us? We need to understand what our blockers are.

Patreon did not withdraw any money from anyone since they shut it down.

gutterpupper December 24th, 2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruby_thunder (Post 3347561)
Patreon did not withdraw any money from anyone since they shut it down.

Depends on the setting, if it was set up monthly or instantly. If it was monthly then that answers one question.

Collegeboy December 24th, 2017 03:19 PM

I looked for an alternative to patreon, but there don't seem to be many and the few that look like them seem either shady or charge exorbitant fees, knowing that sites like this have few choices. I'll be making a direct support contribution for the time being.

rarcoryn, when I subbed to the Patreon, it indicated that it was monthly and would not withdraw until the end of the month, so i don't think anything went through.

Otkspecialist29 December 24th, 2017 05:16 PM

So

What does this mean?

milf December 24th, 2017 09:54 PM

It means this family of sites is about to go away, kaput, au revois... Unless AI or others can come up with an miracle funding source out of the butt. Like say someone with real funds and no moral backlash an direct deposit some cash etc.... If I had it like that, I would have done this years ago. But I am not even in the running financially to do more that one a year or so commissions...

guesswho December 25th, 2017 02:21 AM

So what about ads? Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a few ads if it meant the site can continue working. I'm sure there are others.

LoneWanderer December 25th, 2017 08:31 AM

Hi, I'm new here but I think I have an idea that will help. The patreon in question doesn't need to be for AnimeOTK specifically, it could be for anything and Ai can spend the money however he wants. IIRC, when Ai first tried patreon the goal was reached in a matter of hours. Just set up a typical artist patreon page. It doesn't need to be spanking art, it just needs to be something. If you're worried patreon might be suspicious because you already tried to set up a page, just have somebody else make it and forward you the money or pay the server bill for you. Whichever is more feasible. Once there is enough patrons you can just delete the post explaining it and then there will be no evidence. However, if my idea won't work you could just hold monthly donation drives. It might not work forever but it will buy time.

youngstormlord December 25th, 2017 02:37 PM

How about setting up paypal.me link? Is that acceptable?

Ruby_thunder December 25th, 2017 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngstormlord (Post 3348592)
How about setting up paypal.me link? Is that acceptable?

Ai has paypal for this family of sites. I think you need to pm him about it. But Ai has to be careful as Paypal does not allow direct support of adult materials