AnimeOTK

AnimeOTK (https://animeotk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anime OTK News (https://animeotk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   It's AnimeOTK's tenth Birthday this month (https://animeotk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29456)

Nene March 5th, 2017 11:31 AM

It doesn't feel like it's been almost ten years. Wow.

Oh boy, where to begin. Long post ahead. Probably the longest post that'll exist in this thread.

I joined the site in November 2007 under the username Jinli (changed to Captain Catnip, then to Nene) and introducing myself under the name of Kassi Chleer (not at all close to my legal name), after a couple months of lurking and pondering whether or not to join. I was in my early teens. I made up an entire persona to protect my identity. I'd felt like I was all alone in this whole spanking interest (intrigued by the concept since the age of four, that's a long time of feeling weird and lonely) until I started finding artwork and stories and then I stumbled upon this website and I found it to be... home.

I had just started drawing using my computer when I joined the site (most of those early images have been deleted) and I was inspired by Arkham Insanity, Okamishonen and Cross-chan to improve and develop my own art style. I worked a lot on my proportions and I couldn't believe how much I've improved. It's all thanks to the helpful comments and advice from other artists. In addition to drawing, I learned how to balance out the drama in my writing through roleplays. I learned about character development, sentence structure, and how not to go all god mode. I learned how to be fair and communicate efficiently with my roleplay partners.

Now it's time for me to be a little bit of a drama queen. In my teens I struggled with the effects of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3/HEDS (a physical disease and disability) and profound mental instability. To those of you who had stuck around through the darkest points in my life, to the entire safe environment that is AnimeOTK, thank you. Thank you. I know I was incredibly frustratingly stubborn and sometimes would not listen to the voice of reason. Those things that might have appeared so insignificant to you all were so huge to me and your caring and support saved my life and helped me put things into perspective. You all helped me focus on what was important.

I am now a college student, turning 23 in June, I live on my own an hour away from home with two roommates (one of which is my best friend) and a beautiful, snuggly excitable dog. I am safe, I am well cared for and I am stable. I do not know where I would be today without your love and support.

Happy 10th birthday, AnimeOTK.

Tl;dr version - I can't imagine my life without this website and the wonderful people that I've come to know. I met some of the most important people in my life here and I hope this website sticks around for many years to come.

~Love, Nene

SurfingGecko March 5th, 2017 03:00 PM

10 year anniversary

I can't believe it took me so long to find this site. A big thanks to all who have kept things going for 10 years - long may it last https://animeotk.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

Lyrica March 6th, 2017 12:33 AM

Wow ten years! Wait a go animeOTK~

I have not been here too long about two years, in that time I've had my share of good and bad times. Enjoyed vast amounts of art, stories, discussions and roleplays.

the most Important thing is all the genuine connections I made with the members here~ a safe place to be myself, fetishes and all. If there was a virtual home, this would be it!

Thanks to all the mods (especially) and members for keeping this place safe and functioning as well as fun.

Happy 10th animeOTK~ I'm ready to be along the journey for another ten more~

forks March 7th, 2017 08:16 PM

Looks like I'm a few days late to the party, but hey... congrats guys! Ten years is a mighty long time in internet-years. And it's great to see so many original members still around and posting in this thread.

Drooaygah March 8th, 2017 03:00 AM

You guys gave me a place to post my stuff, and that is appreciated!

Gene March 8th, 2017 12:15 PM

Eyyyy

I'm alive. Been so long, I don't blame anyone for forgetting me.

sonia31 March 10th, 2017 01:37 PM

happy Birthday

I love this web and thanks to it I enjoy whipping wholly

SpankMasta March 12th, 2017 07:26 PM

Used to be a lurker back in '07 and '08. Can't believe it has been ten years!

Here's to many more decades :D

oscar March 12th, 2017 10:53 PM

Sure it woth it. I joined in may 2007 and I see so many people here that I tought the site was older. I found good people. Great place

Tissueman March 28th, 2017 01:54 PM

Congrats on ten years! Quite an accomplishment!