AnimeOTK

AnimeOTK (https://animeotk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anime OTK News (https://animeotk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   It's AnimeOTK's tenth Birthday this month (https://animeotk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29456)

RobM March 2nd, 2017 07:08 PM

It's AnimeOTK's tenth Birthday this month

https://animeotk.com/forum/attachmen...1&d=1488480499
It was this month, ten years ago in 2007, that Anime OTK went live!

This is very much an anniversary (rather than a birthday) and I think we should all be celebrating this decade milestone for those of us who've been from the start and for all those great community members who've joined us at any point along our journey.

In this thread, your best wishes, opinions, memories and experiences on the site and how you've enjoyed the time here!

Ideas to celebrate very welcome. This is of course a 'tin' annivasry in the gift-giving sense, but I prefer to think of it as 'double-wood' or double the five-year anniversery so any pictures involving wooden implements artists would like to dedicate to our site would be most welcome!
The exact date the site opened live to the public from its closed beta's and preparation was the 8th of March, 2007, ten years next Wednesday.

We would love to see some dedications specially for that.

My enduring memory of the site is that you get out what you put in; I've personally put in a lot of work - occasionally money too over the decade - and the result of all of our efforts is an art site with a hugely busy turnover of fresh, original spanking art (as much as a hundred a month minimum from over 100 resident artists), vibrant and busy roleplay sections and a very creative chatroom and now a spanking video games section which has grown from distributing members games to the community collaborating to make new ones here.

I think it's been worth it... don't you?

Liko March 2nd, 2017 07:46 PM

Thank to everyone involved for providing all of us a place to share our passions and interact with like minded people. You have made the Internet experience better for me and I would like to believe many others. It is easy to forget that a site like this requires a lot of time and dedication to not only make, but keep running and well moderated on a daily bases. So thank you admins and moderators for your dedication.
I would also like to thank all the creative individuals contributing be it artist, game programmers or RP writers for sharing your "children" of love with the rest of us. I come daily with the hope of a new discovery to take away from this site of ours.
Lastly, thanks to all the members without which this community could not have been what it is. I have not have the chance to interact with most of you, mainly because I am rather shy lurker, but I still enjoy reading or seeing many of your contributions and iterations on AOTK.
Once again: Thank You!

JoJo JoJo JoJo March 2nd, 2017 07:51 PM

Been Fun

I found out about this place when I was an early teen, back in 2010, and boy was it euphoric. I finally realized I wasn't the only spanking art fanatic in the universe. 3 years later I made an account, and felt belonged. Twas the ish!XD

BEst Memory was when Lys, in all her glory, sent me a PM showing me that she sketched a sketch of my OC, and man, did I scream. XD
Love you, Lys!!!

Here's to another decade of spankings in illustrated form! Kinda wondering how much I will have posted in that timeXD

That_Guy_With_The_Fandoms March 2nd, 2017 08:00 PM

If that's the case, then maybe there should be a big giant birthday spanking then haha

waynethepain March 2nd, 2017 09:21 PM

this place has been nice, I found a few friends, we all get to have a good laugh together or two.

max March 2nd, 2017 10:05 PM

I have been a member since the site first went public, and it was such a wonderful thing to find so many other people who shared my love of spanking art...at first I just lurked and collected my favorite pix to play with. I love animating, and with all the great artists on this site I had tons to choose from. I made some really good friends, one in particular Marius the red challenged me branch out and try doing my own pix to animate which brought a whole new level of satisfaction. I was absent for a while because of real life crap, but now that I am back I am enjoying a renewed passion and look forward to another 10 years of spanking fun...Happy Anniversary AnimeOTK thanks for all you've done for us and the spanking community.

Collegeboy March 2nd, 2017 10:30 PM

That's amazing. Even moreso that a site of this kind can last so long. I've seen a number come and go over the years. I remember when I took the plunge and started my own gallery. I had some of my art put up on various sites, but not in large numbers. It was the first time I really felt like I could just let go and put all my artwork out there.

scubasteve42 March 2nd, 2017 10:55 PM

Still got my super lurker start date : March 22nd, 2007

Can't believe it's been 10 years!! Congrats!

Cutiexx March 2nd, 2017 11:22 PM

Wow, ten years and still running strong! Thank you to all the people who made that possible, creating a place where we can share our love for spanking without being judged, and where I was able to realize I was not alone.

arkham-insanity March 2nd, 2017 11:32 PM

OMG, I can't believe it has been that long! I remember joining March 21st, 2007! That was such a dark time in my life...I was going through some really hard things and AnimeOTK was a haven for me to escape and be accepted for my parental spanking art. Some of my first Spanking fan art was Batman based....the birth of the Batpaddle was here...which I still physically own by the way!...its a wooden paddle...and has seen lots of real action on 10 years.

626 pieces of spanking art on my gallery and I can't thank AnimeOTK enough for housing my art! Its fun for me to browse and see the progress...have come a long way and I am so glad that AnimeOTK has been here for me through the good and bad times!

Raven. March 3rd, 2017 12:15 AM

Congratz

I'd like to thank everyone for making this such an amazing site, and allowing so many to share their stories, art, clips and more! I was told about animeOTK by a friend, I remember being absolutely blow away at the amount of fiction written here, I didn't know where to start reading first, it was a dichotomy! *laffs* Happy tenth anniversary, AnimeOTK. *Yay!*

Shendew March 3rd, 2017 02:01 AM

Time is flowing at a quick pace, but I'm grateful some things manage to stay - AOTK, among others. ^^

This anniversay feels special to me, since I've been around almost since the beginning... I don't remember how exactly I discovered AnimeOTK, but it started with spanking art I found on other spanking sites, I think.

Let's start with the beginning: I was interested in both anime/manga and spanking, so discovering this site was like opening a treasure box; and it didn't take long before I decided to create my account (a few days). At the time, it was something I wouldn't do easily because it meant going out of the shadows, somehow. But the internet was different; today, many sites require a membership to be properly visited. It wasn't the case 10 years ago.

Over 10 years, many artists have come and shared their work; even more people have joined and are animating the roleplay section. Fanfics and video-games are common, and the mood is good.
First and foremost, I'd like to thank the core members of the staff who have been there since the beginning: Ai, Stoner, RobM, Dr Weird, notably. The site wouldn't be here without them. :-)

And second, I'd simply like to express my happiness of coming here and interacting with many nice and fun-loving people. Let's go for another decade! ^^

greyrain March 3rd, 2017 02:30 AM

Has it really been that long? Time flies, huh? Seems like a lifetime has passed since I joined. Thinking back on it is kinda weird, so much has happened. But, at least I now know how to tag pictures! Progress!

Frame_J March 3rd, 2017 04:00 AM

I honestly can say that the reason I started with digital coloring was this site. And it's been quite a ride.

It was in this site where, after a lot of time searching I finally found Young Link spanking art for the first time.

Also, the roleplay community, specially the chat, helped me make more solid characters.

It's actually more than I expected to get out of a site that only caters to my weird fetish.

I joined just before entering college... I can't believe how much time has passed ever since.

Circe March 3rd, 2017 04:18 AM

May this site last forever. Or at least a reasonable length of time if forever is not achievable.
And if the technology changes ? Perhaps it will one day be upgraded to holographic or virtual reality.
*Ponders an AOTK realm similar to a much improved Second Life game, complete with not only the current audio and graphics but also additions of taste, touch, and smell.* X3

Happy 10th anniversary AOTK. And thanks to everyone who made this all possible up to this point.
^__^
*Blows deadly kisses to everyone*

Jac Ranger March 3rd, 2017 06:39 AM

God, 10 years? It's hard for me to imagine that I've spent so much time of my life here...I actually found this site around, like, 2009. I stalked the sight with an older friend of mine and it was how I learned I had a spanking fetish. He never comes 'round no more, but I stayed and do not regret it. Cause I made some good friends and found greater confidence in my art-for better or for worse. :P

Happy 10th AOTK and may another 10 years follow!

Pastel March 3rd, 2017 06:51 AM

Wow, ten years. This site and it's members are such a huge part of my life socially, it's hard to imagine what sort of place I'd be in if it never existed. I've met so many of my close friends here, and one of them even became my real life girlfriend of 5 years. I certainly wouldn't have bothered to learn to draw any better without everybody being so supportive and encouraging. Thanks AOTK. I owe you a lot. n_n

nelson1977 March 3rd, 2017 07:57 AM

Congratulations AnimeOTK in your 10th anniversary!^^

kager March 3rd, 2017 11:06 AM

Probably this is said before but I think this is the best site ever. I wouldn't know what to do if it was forced to stop. So many congrats and many years to come.

sss March 3rd, 2017 02:18 PM

wow, 10 years? I cant believe I joined this site as a minor, I guess that's why I started out as more of a lurker. This site has been through a lot, artist coming and going, server and hosting issues. But this has always been a place where we got a long (mostly). It helped me feel normal with my fetish and helped me to share it in my personal life. Its amazing seeing how much art is created by this site and how its become one of the main sources of spanking art online

Jinchu March 3rd, 2017 02:30 PM

Wow, so long. I've been here for nine years and those were damn good nine years, I must say. That's literally the single forum I've ever been for so long, and second-longest site I've eben active on in general.

I adore this site not only because of the great art it contains, though it's wonderfull and I don't know any other place on the internet to compare it to. I adore teh nice community full of really great people. You guys are awesome.

Maybe I should get back to drawing just to celebrate this anniversary as I could...

cfcfree March 3rd, 2017 07:46 PM

10 years! Who would have thought...

gutterpupper March 3rd, 2017 09:49 PM

It's such a milestone! I have been through a few username changes since then but looking at my profile start date I have been here since the benginning. I was more of a lurker back then but in the more recent years I have branched out and started roleplaying and meeting new people which has been fun. AOTK is such a great community for people to enjoy and share a common interest and have fun! Here's to another ten years!

malcolm March 4th, 2017 12:59 AM

I cant begin to thank you enough for the fantastic art and animation this is a great gallery of fiction and humor many Congratulations :cool:

Angel March 4th, 2017 07:05 AM

I still like to jokingly brag about being in the "5110 club" for the site.

Ten fuckin' years, though. May we last many, many more!

shadowsong2b March 4th, 2017 06:35 PM

Ten years... seems like it's been... less? Well Here's to another 10 years at least!

aka March 4th, 2017 07:52 PM

This was the second spanking site that I ever joined (after Funbun's old artastic forum). I've always been impressed by the quality of the conversation, and the art on this site. I think it played a big role in helping me build the desire to stretch my own creative muscles.

Thank you RobM, Ai, and all the other moderators for working so hard to keep this site healthy and fun.

Rak March 4th, 2017 08:20 PM

Oh lowdy, I joined in April of that year... has it been 10 real, whole years already? I feel so, so old, haha ! Such an amazing website and community!

We need to organise something for sure, something involving all the talents we have here, artists, writers, RPers, inspirers... What could we do?

Breakfire March 4th, 2017 11:34 PM

I read about people who learned to draw here, learned to write here, came out of their shell here. or in my case just lurk in the shadows for a decade. Call it a cult following, call it a niche audience, hell, call it a social circle. Just don't call it done, cuz by the looks of it, we just gettin' started.

Naturally the artists and good people here deserve a pat on the back and a handshake, or bumslap, whatever your into, but I think a special attaboy should go to the loyal mods and admins who ran the gauntlet of putting up with all of us for years, at cost if not for free for 10 years.

Grats all, and well done

-Returns The Shadows Under your Bed-
-You should really clean under here sometime. Seriously. I found a potato here yesterday. A potato. Why do you have this?-

Tienz March 5th, 2017 07:52 AM

Pretty crazy thinkng about hte migraiton of spanking sites before aotk launched. To think about all the boos in chat 10 years ago.

Thanks Ai and Team.

Nene March 5th, 2017 11:31 AM

It doesn't feel like it's been almost ten years. Wow.

Oh boy, where to begin. Long post ahead. Probably the longest post that'll exist in this thread.

I joined the site in November 2007 under the username Jinli (changed to Captain Catnip, then to Nene) and introducing myself under the name of Kassi Chleer (not at all close to my legal name), after a couple months of lurking and pondering whether or not to join. I was in my early teens. I made up an entire persona to protect my identity. I'd felt like I was all alone in this whole spanking interest (intrigued by the concept since the age of four, that's a long time of feeling weird and lonely) until I started finding artwork and stories and then I stumbled upon this website and I found it to be... home.

I had just started drawing using my computer when I joined the site (most of those early images have been deleted) and I was inspired by Arkham Insanity, Okamishonen and Cross-chan to improve and develop my own art style. I worked a lot on my proportions and I couldn't believe how much I've improved. It's all thanks to the helpful comments and advice from other artists. In addition to drawing, I learned how to balance out the drama in my writing through roleplays. I learned about character development, sentence structure, and how not to go all god mode. I learned how to be fair and communicate efficiently with my roleplay partners.

Now it's time for me to be a little bit of a drama queen. In my teens I struggled with the effects of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3/HEDS (a physical disease and disability) and profound mental instability. To those of you who had stuck around through the darkest points in my life, to the entire safe environment that is AnimeOTK, thank you. Thank you. I know I was incredibly frustratingly stubborn and sometimes would not listen to the voice of reason. Those things that might have appeared so insignificant to you all were so huge to me and your caring and support saved my life and helped me put things into perspective. You all helped me focus on what was important.

I am now a college student, turning 23 in June, I live on my own an hour away from home with two roommates (one of which is my best friend) and a beautiful, snuggly excitable dog. I am safe, I am well cared for and I am stable. I do not know where I would be today without your love and support.

Happy 10th birthday, AnimeOTK.

Tl;dr version - I can't imagine my life without this website and the wonderful people that I've come to know. I met some of the most important people in my life here and I hope this website sticks around for many years to come.

~Love, Nene

SurfingGecko March 5th, 2017 03:00 PM

10 year anniversary

I can't believe it took me so long to find this site. A big thanks to all who have kept things going for 10 years - long may it last https://animeotk.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

Lyrica March 6th, 2017 12:33 AM

Wow ten years! Wait a go animeOTK~

I have not been here too long about two years, in that time I've had my share of good and bad times. Enjoyed vast amounts of art, stories, discussions and roleplays.

the most Important thing is all the genuine connections I made with the members here~ a safe place to be myself, fetishes and all. If there was a virtual home, this would be it!

Thanks to all the mods (especially) and members for keeping this place safe and functioning as well as fun.

Happy 10th animeOTK~ I'm ready to be along the journey for another ten more~

forks March 7th, 2017 08:16 PM

Looks like I'm a few days late to the party, but hey... congrats guys! Ten years is a mighty long time in internet-years. And it's great to see so many original members still around and posting in this thread.

Drooaygah March 8th, 2017 03:00 AM

You guys gave me a place to post my stuff, and that is appreciated!

Gene March 8th, 2017 12:15 PM

Eyyyy

I'm alive. Been so long, I don't blame anyone for forgetting me.

sonia31 March 10th, 2017 01:37 PM

happy Birthday

I love this web and thanks to it I enjoy whipping wholly

SpankMasta March 12th, 2017 07:26 PM

Used to be a lurker back in '07 and '08. Can't believe it has been ten years!

Here's to many more decades :D

oscar March 12th, 2017 10:53 PM

Sure it woth it. I joined in may 2007 and I see so many people here that I tought the site was older. I found good people. Great place

Tissueman March 28th, 2017 01:54 PM

Congrats on ten years! Quite an accomplishment!