AnimeOTK

AnimeOTK (https://animeotk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Anime OTK News (https://animeotk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   It's AnimeOTK's tenth Birthday this month (https://animeotk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29456)

RobM March 2nd, 2017 07:08 PM

It's AnimeOTK's tenth Birthday this month

https://animeotk.com/forum/attachmen...1&d=1488480499
It was this month, ten years ago in 2007, that Anime OTK went live!

This is very much an anniversary (rather than a birthday) and I think we should all be celebrating this decade milestone for those of us who've been from the start and for all those great community members who've joined us at any point along our journey.

In this thread, your best wishes, opinions, memories and experiences on the site and how you've enjoyed the time here!

Ideas to celebrate very welcome. This is of course a 'tin' annivasry in the gift-giving sense, but I prefer to think of it as 'double-wood' or double the five-year anniversery so any pictures involving wooden implements artists would like to dedicate to our site would be most welcome!
The exact date the site opened live to the public from its closed beta's and preparation was the 8th of March, 2007, ten years next Wednesday.

We would love to see some dedications specially for that.

My enduring memory of the site is that you get out what you put in; I've personally put in a lot of work - occasionally money too over the decade - and the result of all of our efforts is an art site with a hugely busy turnover of fresh, original spanking art (as much as a hundred a month minimum from over 100 resident artists), vibrant and busy roleplay sections and a very creative chatroom and now a spanking video games section which has grown from distributing members games to the community collaborating to make new ones here.

I think it's been worth it... don't you?

Liko March 2nd, 2017 07:46 PM

Thank to everyone involved for providing all of us a place to share our passions and interact with like minded people. You have made the Internet experience better for me and I would like to believe many others. It is easy to forget that a site like this requires a lot of time and dedication to not only make, but keep running and well moderated on a daily bases. So thank you admins and moderators for your dedication.
I would also like to thank all the creative individuals contributing be it artist, game programmers or RP writers for sharing your "children" of love with the rest of us. I come daily with the hope of a new discovery to take away from this site of ours.
Lastly, thanks to all the members without which this community could not have been what it is. I have not have the chance to interact with most of you, mainly because I am rather shy lurker, but I still enjoy reading or seeing many of your contributions and iterations on AOTK.
Once again: Thank You!

JoJo JoJo JoJo March 2nd, 2017 07:51 PM

Been Fun

I found out about this place when I was an early teen, back in 2010, and boy was it euphoric. I finally realized I wasn't the only spanking art fanatic in the universe. 3 years later I made an account, and felt belonged. Twas the ish!XD

BEst Memory was when Lys, in all her glory, sent me a PM showing me that she sketched a sketch of my OC, and man, did I scream. XD
Love you, Lys!!!

Here's to another decade of spankings in illustrated form! Kinda wondering how much I will have posted in that timeXD

That_Guy_With_The_Fandoms March 2nd, 2017 08:00 PM

If that's the case, then maybe there should be a big giant birthday spanking then haha

waynethepain March 2nd, 2017 09:21 PM

this place has been nice, I found a few friends, we all get to have a good laugh together or two.

max March 2nd, 2017 10:05 PM

I have been a member since the site first went public, and it was such a wonderful thing to find so many other people who shared my love of spanking art...at first I just lurked and collected my favorite pix to play with. I love animating, and with all the great artists on this site I had tons to choose from. I made some really good friends, one in particular Marius the red challenged me branch out and try doing my own pix to animate which brought a whole new level of satisfaction. I was absent for a while because of real life crap, but now that I am back I am enjoying a renewed passion and look forward to another 10 years of spanking fun...Happy Anniversary AnimeOTK thanks for all you've done for us and the spanking community.

Collegeboy March 2nd, 2017 10:30 PM

That's amazing. Even moreso that a site of this kind can last so long. I've seen a number come and go over the years. I remember when I took the plunge and started my own gallery. I had some of my art put up on various sites, but not in large numbers. It was the first time I really felt like I could just let go and put all my artwork out there.

scubasteve42 March 2nd, 2017 10:55 PM

Still got my super lurker start date : March 22nd, 2007

Can't believe it's been 10 years!! Congrats!

Cutiexx March 2nd, 2017 11:22 PM

Wow, ten years and still running strong! Thank you to all the people who made that possible, creating a place where we can share our love for spanking without being judged, and where I was able to realize I was not alone.

arkham-insanity March 2nd, 2017 11:32 PM

OMG, I can't believe it has been that long! I remember joining March 21st, 2007! That was such a dark time in my life...I was going through some really hard things and AnimeOTK was a haven for me to escape and be accepted for my parental spanking art. Some of my first Spanking fan art was Batman based....the birth of the Batpaddle was here...which I still physically own by the way!...its a wooden paddle...and has seen lots of real action on 10 years.

626 pieces of spanking art on my gallery and I can't thank AnimeOTK enough for housing my art! Its fun for me to browse and see the progress...have come a long way and I am so glad that AnimeOTK has been here for me through the good and bad times!