View Single Post

[ The Prince's Trials ] - an RPG Maker game
Old April 14th, 2021, 03:54 PM   #1
Pseudosym

Default [ The Prince's Trials ] - an RPG Maker game

DOWNLOAD

Current version
The Prince's Trials version 1.0.0414 (download via MediaFire)

Older versions
The Prince's Trials version 1.0.0

Installation
Download the zip file (link above) and extract the contents anywhere you like. Inside the folder, double-click Game.exe to launch the game.

The Prince's Trials

Hi there!

This is a (very) short little game about a prince who gets lost in the woods and stumbles into a mysterious cave...

There's not much to this, yet—though it has a beginning, middle, and end, so there's that! Right now, I think it plays more like an interactive story than a true game, but I wanted to get it out there in its current state to gauge interest and get some early feedback.

What is it?

The theme I'm working from is "puzzle-based dungeon crawl with spankings." It's built using RPG Maker MZ. You play as a young man. The spankings mostly take the form of magical or mechanical traps as you explore the dungeon, though in later versions, you might encounter some NPC's in there, as well.

Future plans
  • Expand the dungeon. Add (a lot) more gameplay, in the form of puzzles, traps, and mini-games.
  • Multiple endings. As I add more puzzles, it will become possible to escape the dungeon having taken a varying degree of "damage." I want to change up the ending depending on how badly hurt you are when you get back to camp (the current ending will probably become a bonus ending down the road).
  • Custom sprites and music. Right now, I'm using the basic sprites and music you get with RPG Maker (though I did play a little bit with custom sprites and sounds). Down the road—and this is probably way down there—I would love to include my own custom sprites, music, and character art. Gonna focus on gameplay for a while first, though.
  • Gender selection. This one's a hard "maybe." I like X/M, and especially M/M (which seems to get little love in the games I've seen), so I'm likely to keep it this way, at least for the time being.

If you take the time to give it a go, I would love to hear your feedback! Feel free to use this thread to let me know you tried it, or report bugs, or comment on the weather, or whatever you want. Thanks!

~ Jingle

Last edited by Pseudosym; April 15th, 2021 at 02:39 AM. Reason: new download link