Homepage Forum Spanking Art Gallery Oekaki Drawing Board Art Contests Roleplaying Forums Spanking Video Games Spanking Stories and Fiction Spanking Video Downloads of Animes Social Groups Register an account Rules Frequently Asked Questions

Go Back   AnimeOTK > The Creative Corner > Artistic Chat - Questions & Advice

Artistic Chat - Questions & Advice Need help creating your next masterpiece? Having trouble with Photoshop or Drawing? Ask for advice here.

Want to get rid of the annoying adverts? The answer is simple. There are 4 levels of advertising on AnimeOTK:

Level 1: (Your Level, guests and members with 0-9 posts) has maximum advertising.
Level 2: (A user with 10 or more posts who has been a member over two weeks) have vastly reduced advertising (including removal of the large full screen closable adverts)
Level 3: (A member who has been registered over a month and has over 50 posts, or has a special account like "artist" or "writer" sees minimal advertising.
Level 4: (VIP Donators) receive no advertising.
All donators of $10 or more will never see an advert on our site again!

The Artistic Shame thread
Old February 1st, 2011, 07:57 PM   #1
RobM
~Sweetest Cyanide~

Default The Artistic Shame thread

This is now the shame thread, where we name and shame people who over-reference.

I've given warnings before, and been ignored...

This is not deviant art, referencing to the point of copying is NOT okay here, its in the old site rules, the new referencing rules and is referencing without permission is universally unpopular with artist who drew the first pic.

Referencing with permission = Okay.
Minor pose assistance = Okay.
Referencing as an early artist with credit given to the artist = Sorta okay, especially if you provide a LINK to the pic you used.

The people listed in this thread have been given warnings in the past and ignored them.
Please enjoy a few samples below of the howlers;

PS: THIS is not a flame thread, do not flame or or try to make examples of people not listed already.

Cupcake:

Rei

Karai

Maruigi (Just reposting the same pic again and again)

Syble

I repeat this is a public shame thread (possibly involving spanking in the future) not a flame thread.

Its such a shame that people who actually have a lot of talant waste it by trying to dodge around crediting artists either through laziness or an attempt to decieve. They spend hours creating original characters and OCs, tweaking the drawing with original touches only to end up in trouble for refusing to credit artists. People won't think the less of artists for referencing in early period art or borrowing pose information if only they only admit up-front the reference.

YOU MUST POST LINKED CREDIT WHEN YOU REFERENCE.

Sharr al baliyya ma yudhik
Myers-Briggs: ENFJ

Last edited by RobM; February 1st, 2011 at 10:58 PM.

Old February 1st, 2011, 10:38 PM   #2
JD500
Banned

LOL nice... I agree that copying pictures to such a point is insulting to the original but I am pretty sure that that last one with Naruto characters was based on an actual picture BASE. I thought bases were supposed to be colored over like that but I am not an artist so I don't know for sure.

Old February 1st, 2011, 10:50 PM   #3
RobM
~Sweetest Cyanide~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD500 View Post
LOL nice... I agree that copying pictures to such a point is insulting to the original but I am pretty sure that that last one with Naruto characters was based on an actual picture BASE. I thought bases were supposed to be colored over like that but I am not an artist so I don't know for sure.
They're still supposed to be credited. That goes double when the artist denied using it when confronted.

Old February 1st, 2011, 10:51 PM   #4
JD500
Banned

Ah well that I agree with entirely.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Ah well that I agree with entirely. Interesting thread to say the least.

Old February 1st, 2011, 11:33 PM   #5
Exodus
Artist

Is there a way you can do this that doesn't really hurt my eyes?

Old February 2nd, 2011, 08:06 AM   #6
Dawne

It is a tad hard on the eyes, as Exo said, but this is definitely something I and others have noticed in the past. If the people aren't listening, maybe we should them so that they and others are deterred from doing it in the future, or are at least willing to give credit, before they get into trouble. After all, this isn't, as you said, DeviantArt. (And thank God for that)

Old February 2nd, 2011, 12:34 PM   #7
RobM
~Sweetest Cyanide~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
Is there a way you can do this that doesn't really hurt my eyes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
It is a tad hard on the eyes, as Exo said,

Ah, Fusu, always in with the complaints and a helping boot after someone else~ ^^ *Suggestive wink, nudge*

I tried retiming before posting, it seems a few of them (especially the maruigi one) went totally, totally mad when posting to photobucket. Perhaps the program I use to make them doesn't optimise them for the web, might explain why my GIFs occasionally go insane.

Tbh, if they're slower though, its harder to see how identical they are.
The MSPaint pics are the most painful though, its the brash, limited colour palletes I think - all the greens are pupil-poppingly sharp and bright.

Old February 2nd, 2011, 05:53 PM   #8
Dawne

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobM View Post
Ah, Fusu, always in with the complaints and a helping boot after someone else~ ^^ *Suggestive wink, nudge*
It is something I told Sakura when she first showed me the one you made of Cupcake's picture a while back. That it was very hard on my eyes. It's hardly a complaint, though. If it's something that can't be helped, then that's fine. It doesn't truly matter in the end.

It's apparently already started to do its job, too. So for that, you should be commended.

Last edited by Dawne; February 2nd, 2011 at 06:24 PM.

Old February 2nd, 2011, 06:54 PM   #9
Nadja
Spanktastic

I thought some of these came from the same artist... Pretty sure I've seen some in the same gallery, but maybe I'm just imagining stuff.

Old February 2nd, 2011, 08:16 PM   #10
IdiotHavers

I've seen this done before, and even had friends claim they've drawn me pictures, only to have someone later point out its plagerised. It sucks.

This thread is a good idea.

One thing I'm a little confused about though, does this thread also include artists who post multiple versions of pictures? (Seeing Maruigi's work) Because I'm sure sure i've seen more than just him do that.

Tags
artistic, shame, thread