Homepage Forum Spanking Art Gallery Oekaki Drawing Board Art Contests Roleplaying Forums Spanking Video Games Spanking Stories and Fiction Spanking Video Downloads of Animes Social Groups Register an account Rules Frequently Asked Questions

Go Back   AnimeOTK > The Creative Corner > Artistic Chat - Questions & Advice

Artistic Chat - Questions & Advice Need help creating your next masterpiece? Having trouble with Photoshop or Drawing? Ask for advice here.

Want to get rid of the annoying adverts? The answer is simple. There are 4 levels of advertising on AnimeOTK:

Level 1: (Your Level, guests and members with 0-9 posts) has maximum advertising.
Level 2: (A user with 10 or more posts who has been a member over two weeks) have vastly reduced advertising (including removal of the large full screen closable adverts)
Level 3: (A member who has been registered over a month and has over 50 posts, or has a special account like "artist" or "writer" sees minimal advertising.
Level 4: (VIP Donators) receive no advertising.
All donators of $10 or more will never see an advert on our site again!

Artistic frustration
Old May 11th, 2022, 07:16 AM   #1
cypher_7z
Writer

Send a message via MSN to cypher_7z Send a message via Yahoo to cypher_7z
Default Artistic frustration

I hope this is the right place, I just want to vent for a minute.

I cannot draw. I have never been able to draw; even my stick figures are bad. I can write, but that never got the traction here that images do. And that makes sense, as trying to write can get very repetitive; you can only say “whack” so many times before it loses meaning, and eventually you run out of synonyms for “crimson”. And while artists also run into blocks from time to time, they at least have the advantage of only needing to make a snapshot of a single moment rather than constructing a scene from beginning to end. So I had resigned myself mostly to enjoying the creations of others, at least on this site.

And then a few years ago I discovered a whole new medium: 3D. I started using a game called HoneySelect, specifically its side program StudioNeo. Suddenly I could make my own images. I could create character models, dress them in costumes I chose, pose them and give them facial expressions and even make them move, construct sets for them to inhabit, I could create scenarios or even whole stories! It was amazing. Earlier this year I started using GIMP to edit screencaps and give them a comic book feel with narration and borders and speech balloons.

And of course, I cannot share them here. I get it, it’s not the admins’ fault they have to follow some extremely stupid and irrational laws, but it does get very frustrating not to be able to contribute at all. Even though I almost never post on here, I have been a part of this community since the old site way back in 2007. I finally created a blog, am hoping somehow to start getting traffic, and maybe my scenes will filter out.

Old May 14th, 2022, 07:08 PM   #2
theredbarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher_7z View Post
I hope this is the right place, I just want to vent for a minute.

I cannot draw. I have never been able to draw; even my stick figures are bad. I can w
And then a few years ago I discovered a whole new medium: 3D. I started using a game called HoneySelect, specifically its side program StudioNeo. Suddenly I could make my own images. I could create character models, dress them in costumes I chose, pose them and give them facial expressions and even make them move, construct sets for them to inhabit, I could create scenarios or even whole stories! It was amazing. Earlier this year I started using GIMP to edit screencaps and give them a comic book feel with narration and borders and speech balloons.

And of course, I cannot share them here. I get it, it’s not the admins’ fault they have to follow some extremely stupid and irrational laws, but it does get very frustrating not to be able to contribute at all. Even though I almost never post on here, I have been a part of this community since the old site way back in 2007. I finally created a blog, am hoping somehow to start getting traffic, and maybe my scenes will filter out.
One thing I always say is you never improve if you don't draw.

Whatever medium you choose, keep at it! Even if you think it's crap it doesn't matter

Old May 16th, 2022, 01:33 PM   #3
sendynew

Why don't you share the blog with us? Maybe some people would like to see your works. I do.

Old May 16th, 2022, 04:04 PM   #4
cypher_7z
Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendynew View Post
Why don't you share the blog with us? Maybe some people would like to see your works. I do.

I've been wondering if I should. Like, if the art itself is not allowed, would a direct link not be as well?

I did create an entry with link at the spankingart.org wiki; as of right now it is still at the top of the "Newest pages" section. You can also find it in the Artists section as Arnulf of Flanders. That should be far enough removed that anyone would have to actively seek it out and know what they're getting into as far as if they want to access 3D art.

Old April 6th, 2023, 08:05 PM   #5
cypher_7z
Writer

Oh, hey, here's a totally image-free post about trends I've noticed in spanking art, including my own. Sure, it is on a blog that has a lot of 3d art, but none are visible here and if someone wanted to see more they could do so, while those who do not or for legal reasons cannot don't have to worry.

https://arnulfcgart.blogspot.com/202...mplements.html

Tags
artistic, frustration