Homepage Forum Spanking Art Gallery Oekaki Drawing Board Art Contests Roleplaying Forums Spanking Video Games Spanking Stories and Fiction Spanking Video Downloads of Animes Social Groups Register an account Rules Frequently Asked Questions

Go Back   AnimeOTK > News and Announcements > Site Feedback & Suggestions

Site Feedback & Suggestions Comments, criticism or suggestions? Let us know!

Want to get rid of the annoying adverts? The answer is simple. There are 4 levels of advertising on AnimeOTK:

Level 1: (Your Level, guests and members with 0-9 posts) has maximum advertising.
Level 2: (A user with 10 or more posts who has been a member over two weeks) have vastly reduced advertising (including removal of the large full screen closable adverts)
Level 3: (A member who has been registered over a month and has over 50 posts, or has a special account like "artist" or "writer" sees minimal advertising.
Level 4: (VIP Donators) receive no advertising.
All donators of $10 or more will never see an advert on our site again!

Fiction Section Suggestion
Old July 23rd, 2018, 01:23 AM   #1
lonewolf86

Default Fiction Section Suggestion

I think the fiction section could use a little love. Would be nice on the fiction section to have an extra column with the author in it. (File, Author, Date, Downloads, Comments)

It would also be nice to see it or maybe a new section added where you can go through a list of the authors and see all of their work like how the picture gallery is configured. Each author could have their stories organized by a sub section within their own section. And before you say it, yes I know there is a search function to find a specific artist or fiction, but what if you just want to explore different authors without having to look through pages and pages of individual uploads looking for that new read?

Thanks,
Lonewolf86

Old July 23rd, 2018, 05:07 PM   #2
RobM
~Sweetest Cyanide~

It would be lovely, I might have a look through the settings and see what we can arrange and what I'm able to add.

Obviously though there are limitations as I'm sure you realise - we're using a cheap piece of software for a function it wasn't specifically designed for. I can't blame it for being a little unwieldy for our purposes.

Sharr al baliyya ma yudhik
Myers-Briggs: ENFJ

Old July 27th, 2018, 08:26 AM   #3
gutterpupper
Writer of brats

It'd be great to see what you can come up with RobM. I feel like fiction is harder to manage on here due to having to upload one document that you cannot easily edit (unless that changed as it's been a while since I've tried, I now just add to off-site page and leave a link).

AO3 / X / WEBSITE / RESUME / SPANKTEMBER 2024
last updated 01/09/2024

Old August 19th, 2018, 01:04 PM   #4
RobM
~Sweetest Cyanide~

So, yeah, with the exception of custom coding (not likely to happen, AotK's coders are on extended break due to IRL) it doesn't look like I can add stuff like that as part of the basic setup.

However, if you want to search by uploader if you click their name it takes you to their profile, there's a button marked 'downloads' that allows you to see all the files they've uploaded.

It should be noted, although you're unlikely to be bothered by it, there is an exception.
Due to some balls-up earlier in the sites life many, many years ago a number of the first few hundred user IDs got moved one place higher so some peoples downloads show under the wrong name. Won't affect most people unless pre-2009-ish. Obviously affects me, for example, since I was member number3 but now show as number4 so most of my stuff shows up under Flairblack's account. Won't affect most people but a lot of the early stuff will be moved around a little.

Sharr al baliyya ma yudhik
Myers-Briggs: ENFJ

Old August 25th, 2018, 03:29 AM   #5
lonewolf86

Thanks for looking into it at least. It's a shame though. Is there a way to see who all the writers are on the site?

Tags
fiction, section, suggestion